Happy new year to all!!!
What did I do? Went to landmark, bought myself a book (Inside out – a personal history of Pink Floyd) and stayed there for a couple of hours. Came back, had dinner and slipped in my bed and watched a movie and talked! Talked to myself for a little more time. Checked my phone for those few texts (Thanks people, sorry for not replying I still love you all)
What went by was a huge year, an insane sine curve for me. Success followed by failure followed by more success and more failure. Exams, interviews, job, family, friends, love,health, self and now when I look back it sometimes seems like enough material for a purist bollywood movie or a certain betan chagat book (name changed for legal reasons). Sometimes I feel so surprised that with all this lethargy and slug how I end up in situations.
Few things about the gone cycle around of the sun:
1. At least 10 times this year I looked up and said, you are a bloody awesome scriptwriter and unimaginably witty controller, and I am saying that again. God, you are god!
2. Career-wise I had the chance to break the shackles and go to IRMA and do what I always wanted to do with my life. The guy mentioned in part 1 aint create any more John Galts amongst the bourgeoisie! I don’t always, but this time I do mildly regret about what I choose.
3. A beautiful phase of my life ended, I knew it had to but it was so sudden and unexpected that it left me stranded. Anyways, I was too excited about the whole XL thing that time so it helped me. But the worst thing is, I took no lessons. Shucks shucks shucks!!!!!!
4. An year or less mindfucks, less blog-posts, less self-bashing poetry, more MS office, less postsecret readings, less nihilistic delusion, more tranquility, less restlessness, more conformity, more sleep, less randomness, more relatedness, less itch, less kilos, more losses.
5. I have always believed that a person totally transmogrifies in a span of 3-4 years. And its that time for me to reassess the belief. Yes, certainly! But as a learned friend of mine said, there is always a need of a some certainty and some constancy in our lives. Indeed, there is. And thats what I am moving towards and thats what scares me even more. Uncertain is beautiful, visible is despicable.
What’s in store for me now. I am not sure, as a continuation of the previous post the quest to reclaim is at the high. Currently sitting at the top of the sine curve, but the time periods have been dramatically low. So, lets hope that the top of the sine curve flattens this time for the better.
Meanwhile, great wishes for everyone. May there be happiness, may there be peace, may there be light, Amen!