Given a choice I would like to celebrate my birthday on 21st June rather than on the normal unimportant 23rd September. Day before yesterday on my way back home (that tour de bangalooru from Whitefield to BTM) Radio One told me that this Thursday we celebrate the World Music Day, and I felt deep disgust! How come I didn’t know about it?
Wishing all those feed-me-on-music companions, a very happy world’s music day. Get stoned by all your favorite music the whole day today, don’t miss a minute on this day. This morning also the same source, Radio one, played some great tracks in bus (Smriti’s ipod is broken and it’s all agony for me, does someone know how to fix it, the green and orange lights are twinkling and no sound output! Help!). Javeda Zindagi, Jhin min jhini, Nusrat-tere bin nahi lagda, Albela sajan and a few more vellicating treat for the listening sense.
I have decided to keep this post short and simple J and would just pen down some random songs that my player is playing. Here it goes
- (I can’t get no) Satisfaction – Rolling stones.
- Is mod se jaate hain – Gulzar/R D Burman/Lata/Kishore
- Karma Police Unplugged – Radiohead
- Haath Chhute to Rishtey nahi chhoda karte – Gulzar/Jagjit Singh
- Jesus don’t want me for a sunbeam – Nirvana MTV Unplugged
- Pale Blue eyes – The Velvet Underground
Soon I will be back with a post on my favorites Indian Ocean, till then roll on!
Music is life.